Wine lovers are famously in-tune with the nuances of food and beverage. Wine, being complex and dynamic, provides drinkers with a different experience every time they open a bottle. Unfortunately, due to its alcoholic nature, wine is only appropriate at certain times of day. What else could capture wine lover’s attention in the same way? Host Brian Freedman contends that coffee is the answer.

Discussing high end coffee’s from Jax Coffee House, Brian compares the diverse tasting palate that good coffee provides. If wine owns the nighttime, certainly coffee is king all day!

Video Presented by ClassicWines TV

Views: 19

Replies to This Discussion

I couldn't agree with you more. Hmmmm but now I need a cigar. A quick Java will do. Oh, look I happen to have one. I'll be stepping out now.
I had a funny thought while reading your intro - when the U.S. Navy outlawed general consumption of rum on ships - coffee became the number one beverage of working sailors! A much more productive beverage.
That's right, Admiral JOE XXXXX, Thus " I'll have a cup of JOE!"
A message from Carol Prokap to all members of Coffee, Chocolate & Cigars on Wine And Hospitality Network!

READ>>>LISTEN>>>and....LAUGH! Its a friend who has a coffee biz and a great sense of humor!

Kopi Luwak coffee comes from the Indonesian island of Sumatra, an area well-known for its excellent coffee. Also native to the area is a small weasel-like or cat-like animal called a civet, or known to the locals as a luwak. These little mammals live in the trees and one of their favorite foods is the red, ripe coffee cherry. They eat the cherries, bean and all. While the bean is in the little guy's stomach, it undergoes chemical treatments and fermentations. The bean finishes its journey through the digestive system, and exits. The still-intact beans are collected from the forest floor, and are cleaned and sold to coffee roasters just like any other coffee.

The resulting coffee is said to be like no other. It has a rich, heavy flavour with hints of caramel or chocolate. Other terms used to describe it are earthy, musty and exotic. The body is almost syrupy and it's very smooth.

Because of the strange method of collecting, there isn't much Kopi Luwak produced in the world. The average total annual production is only around 500 pounds of beans. It is also the most expensive coffee in the world, sellig for up to $600 per pound!

Soooo - there should really be a song about such a special coffee...and now there is! I wrote and recorded this song called Low Fat Decaf Cat Crappucino -
just click the link below:

CLICK here to Listen to the song...
http://www.eflanger.com/music/catcrap/

RSS

More Events, Careers!

Featured!

Culinary News

Ad Community

Event Advertisers

Follow us!

© 2014   Created by WineAndHospitalityNetwork.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service